Fruit Tree Pruning Basics
- Posted on
- Posted in Houseplants and Tropical Plants, pruning, Vegetable and Fruit Gardening
Austin demonstrates how to properly prune a fruit tree in this hands-on pruning webinar. Watch Austin prune an Elberta peach tree, a lime bush, and an orange tree. He describes basic methods for pruning fruit trees-including where to cut branches to maximize production and visual appeal for plum, peach, citrus, apple, and pear trees.
Reasons to prune your fruit tree:
- Remove dead or diseased limbs
- Improve air flow throughout the tree
- Shaping and ornamental appeal
- Remove sucker growth at the base of the plant
- Remove vertical sprouts
- Control the size of the tree
- Improve fruit production-both quality and quantity
- Improve limb strength
- Remove crossing limbs
Be sure to sterilize all equipment between trees to avoid the spread of disease.
Be the first to comment...