Disease & Treatment Products
- Posted on
- Posted in Demystifying Labels, Gardening Basics, Ornamental Gardening, Plant Disease, Plant Pests, Vegetable and Fruit Gardening
Learn all about products designed to treat disease in trees, shrubs, perennials, and woody ornamentals with Landscape Specialist Ben Trest. He'll go over organic methods to treat disease, how to safely apply non-organic treatments, and products designed to target specific diseases in plants
Practices to Avoid Plant Disease:
- Water in the morning, and water deeply rather than frequently.
- Prune to allow air flow through the plant
- Remove diseased plant material from plants.
- Remove any dead or diseased plant material from around plants.
- Plant disease-resistant varieties
- Practice crop rotation and fertilize at recommended times to improve plant health and reduce pressure from soil-borne pathogens.
- Plant companion plants that will attract beneficial insects and birds
- Be ok with a minimal amount of disease, as long as it isn't affecting the overall health and aesthetic quality of the plant.
Products Mentioned in this Webinar:
Be the first to comment...